Tuesday, August 14, 2012

How {is it} Tuesday?

I can't believe it Tuesday already!  Ack!  Work tomorrow! Ack again!

I will continue to post this week, but they aren't going to be up to my usual standard as I'll be adjusting to an 8:30-4:30 schedule for the next week & a half.  More than likely, I'll be posting at odd times & unable to surf your blogs all in one sitting-- but I will visit, no fear!  Once classes start, August 27th, I'll be on my normal semester pattern-- but until then its meeting, meeting, syllabi creation, meeting, registration, meeting...you get the idea.

To that end, instead of posting my own crafts {because I don't have time to organize my photos}, I'm going to link to some other sites that have craft projects I am dying to try out!

First off, this is too clever by half...


Easy with great impact, just the way I like 'em.  And here is the how-to.

I adore these invisible book shelves, but have nowhere to put one-- someone do this, please so that I might live vicariously through you lol~*


I love how clean & straight forward it is-- here is the how-to.

Love the idea of making a rag rug from "found" stuff {"found" meaning what I have laying around as opposed to buying a reed rug to use as a base, which sort of defeats the purpose as they are more expensive than rag rugs!}.

Recycle your old bed sheet into a lovely woven rag rug.

Being able to customize a rug for the room is pretty appealing, don't you think?  Here's the how-to.

I am soooo doing this for our living room wall as soon as I find the time!


Its more substantial looking than a lot of the DIY artwork-- and retro modern is just too cool {plus I can create one to occupy more wall space than what I currently have hanging,& of course I love the idea of doing custom colors}. Here's the how-to & a promise to do another step by step when I get around to making ours!

And lastly, if you aren't feeling all that crafty art-wise, the Feed You Soul free art project is for you {& me too...or more specifically, my office, since that is where I'll be for the next week and  half when not in meetings.  Sigh.}  Here are just a few of the artist's offerings free for the printing...




Fantastic for decorating a nursery or bedroom wall, or a nook or entryway...or that empty corner over there...hmmm...that sheep one is coming to my office & the last one would totally match the kitchen...here is the link.

All right, that is it for me today.  I'm off to do some last minute projects --some frames I brought home from my office need updating, as do the pictures of my kids inside them especially since we got a new Kodak photo printer hee hee-- & generally prepare for work.  Believe it or not, I really am looking forward to getting back {book published, check, classes re vamped, check, large hunks of household to do's done, check-- yeah, I'm ready to get back to work}.  

Please be patient with me as I try to readjust after this extended free-for-all of a summer.  Sigh.

Have a wonderful sort of Tuesday~*



10 comments:

  1. Good luck getting back into the swing of things. Summer is far too short!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With that rug, I'm going to look at old sheets different, from now on. Thank you for sharing the link to the how-to!

    Until then, stay well and we look forward to hearing from you again :)

    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too {especially the cheap sheets at the thrift store-- they might not look good as sheets, but if the colors are good they'd be perfect for this!}

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the transition back to work! These all look like great projects. I really would like to do one. I'll start by just printing some of those cool, free images. Easy! Thanks for the link! Joann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these all ! So cute. I also start work on Wednesdays... Tuesday evenings are the worst with the rest of the week looming at me... *sad face*
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that rug! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the invisible bookshelf! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE those invisible bookshelves! So easy, and yet so genius.
    Good luck with your week!
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is most appreciated~*