Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Kickin' It 'Round the Web Wednesday~*



Last night was Thing 3's first game as a high schooler & she was absolutely awesome~*

Right now, coach is moving them around the field to see where they fit best, so technically it wasn't a game...or I suppose you'd call it a preseason game maybe?  Anyway, our Thing 3 was in the game 90% of the time {with two brief breaks each half} & she played all her positions like a pro...sorry about the extensive # of soccer pics, proud mom moment...









Not too shabby for a girl with a broken big toe!  No worries, she had the Doc's permission to play if she felt up to it & her injured digit was securely taped & padded within her cleat {though we definitely soaked her tootsies in Epsom salts when we got home...}

The kids are back in school today {sans a few classrooms in the basement of the school that are still drying out}.  This Saturday is a big soccer jamboree fundraiser thingamabob {still have a little while before the first cross country meet for Thing 2 & then things will start getting particularly nuts 'round here}.

I was never an athlete {I was the asthmatic bookish nerd in the drama club type o'kid}-- any of you all play sports?

But its Web Surfin' Wednesday-- so here are some things you oughta check out!

  1. Here is a great interactive video of every medalist in the 100m, from the 1896 Olympics forward...{we are HUGE Usain Bolt fans, what with Thing 2 running track...}
  2. And this event made us all tear up-- there is something so noble in his refusal to give up...
  3. Here is something cute...one, two, three awwwwww
  4. As previously noted, I am a big reader...& this photo set has to be one of the most beautiful things ever...
  5. I've been thinking about rearranging furniture since stumbling upon this site
  6. I totally covet the Nautilus House {how awesome are these places?}
  7. I'm a big fan of lists of things you should read/do/see before you die {wouldn't want to miss anything!}, and here is a great one
  8. And speaking of art, I could spend hours wandering this site
  9. And here is some art drawn by nature in the sky
  10. And lastly, one for the  Über-nerds out there {yes honey, I'm lookin' squarely at you}


I'm part of the Wonderful Wednesday Link Party-- a great way to meet new bloggers, find new blogs & gain new followers.  Click the button below & join in the fun! 

8 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm so happy to have discovered your blog with this link party.

    No sports for me either. Never did like any form of it as a child!

    Am a new follower, and I hope you'll come by and say Hi!
    http://www.juanitatortilla.com

    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wombat and the joey. I am a sucker for mismatched animal duos! Good for your daughter. I love to see kids get involved with sports, especially girls. I did not play a single sport when I was young. Even gym class was horrific to me. Oddly, I was not a fan of school, although I did well in my classes and spent five years in university. I only truly enjoyed it once I got to third year of university.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's dedication, playing on a broken toe! I was never athletic, but I am in awe of super star atheletes like in the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sport pictures.

    Newest GFC follower from Wonderful Wednesday. Love for you to stop by and return the follow. I am hosting Like Me On Facebook now. Love for you to link up your twitter and facebook page if you'd like.

    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. found you through the link party!

    Hope you’re having a great Wednesday! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like individual sports like athletic-type activities like snowboarding, kayaking, rock climbing... But the moment I get anywhere near a ball or a field it's a disaster. Very impressive young athlete there! (and cool cloud formations!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by, you have a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I saw you on the link up! Great blog!

    Hope you had a good day! Stop by grapefruitprincess.blogspot.com and say hi :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is most appreciated~*