Monday, January 28, 2013

Music, Motivators & Mondays~*

The ice storm that froze us out of campus Friday also kept us from doing much this weekend.  Jer & I did manage to bust out Saturday for supplies {& a quick stop at a thrift store on the way where some flannel lined khakis for him & a wooden elephant in desperate need of a makeover were picked up}, but other than that brief forray into the frozen wastes, we just settled in and got down to cozy-ing.


We cleaned house.  We hung out with the Things.  When we weren't playing games, we played music on iHeart radio on the xbox.  And I worked on a blog redo. My goal is to be able to create seasonal blog backgrounds...& really, to be able to redecorate it like its Cecilia the house.  I get bored easily. I like change.  And I like teaching myself how to do things.  An academic likes to learn.  Go figure.~*


The overall effect is a bit too much baby-nursery-meets-circus for me, but it was my first try at blog background decoration so, there's that.  I intend to keep working on a new design for spring, but in the meantime enjoy the pastel party & I'll share how you too can futz with your blog background in Tuesday's post.*


Today I have to go to work & hold office hours.  I only teach one class on Monday/Wednesday, History 2020, American history from 1877 to the present day.  I teach 3 classes back-to-back on Tuesday/Thursday {Tech in culture: HUM2350, another HIST2020 & HUM2020 Honors: Renaissance to present day}.  
I also have a HIST2020 on Fridays...if I ever actually get to teach that one what with 2 snow days putting us 2 weeks behind.
But I have my office hours to worry 'bout that.  That's what they are for.



The weird weather also means that some of the grand to do projects I planned are on hold.  Paint won't dry in this sort of weather & it won't set right if it does manage to adhere.  And I didn't have the fabric I needed for the sewing project I'm going to do, though I do have a penguin pillow tutorial hanging in the wings. Get it?  Penguin? Waiting in the wings?  I kill me.
I've got some embroidery to do, which is the perfect winter craft.  The to do list in my head is getting long.  Maybe I should write some of it down.



Anything exciting on your agenda for the week?  Keeping busy?  Enjoying life?
Here's one more tune for your Monday.  If this one doesn't get you going, I don't know what will.


Have a grand glorious foot stomper of a day~*




3 comments:

  1. You are doing an amazing job with your design explorations. Can't wait to see more.

    Thanks for sharing the beautiful songs. I love Jack White. His ancestors are from the same area of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia as my parents. We may even be related...maybe. Call me, Jack. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that John Lennon quote, it's so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmm.....Jack White........
    Sorry, was going to make witty intelligent comment but I seem to have lost my thread.... ;)
    Kate Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is most appreciated~*