Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wanderings~*

A slight alteration to our regularly scheduled posts for Wednesdays.  
It is summer.  And while I still web-wander, we also real life wander quite a bit more than usual.  So on occasion I will devote my Wednesday post to just plain ole wanderings.  No story.  No rhyme or reason.  Just where we've been over the course of the week.

I thought of making them wordless, as some bloggers do on Wednesdays or Sundays.  But no.  I'm not wordless.  Just ask my Dad about the now legendary last word argument we had when I was a teenager.  

Or better yet don't.

I will keep the photos smaller than normal, as these posts will be particularly photo heavy & I don't want you to have to wait all day for them to load.  

Sometimes, if you see me posing, the photographer will be my husband or Thing 3.  But mostly the photos are mine.  Little Freudian glimpses into my brain I suppose.  Things that I find interesting.

And downtowns are always interesting.  Quirky, old, kitschy & beautiful.  Lovelies.  Pretties.  And the occasional wonderful oddity like the not-raggedy-Ann doll below.  I think I may start taking my camera with me everywhere.  Wednesday weeklies.  Weird but original content~*

And that is the last word.

For now~*



























**  For those of you who may have noticed, I did in fact get my haircut into a flippy just-above-the-shoulder bob.  I had gone in a for a bit of a trim right after Christmas, and the hair dresser mistook my 70's shag with the 90's "Rachel" cut.  Which was not good for me.  I made it through the spring semester, but didn't want to deal with it anymore.  So I had it cut to the length of the longest layer.  Now I'll let it grow again.  Maybe.  Or not.  We'll see.

And that's really the last word.  For Wednesday~*

post signature

9 comments:

  1. Great pictures! You have a good eye. I hate to say it, but I'd like to see them bigger ;) Your hair looks so cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you that is a huge compliment! Thank you {and if I can ever figure how to more judiciously edit down the number of pics I wanna post, I'll do 'em up larger lol}

      Delete
  2. loved scrolling thru the images! the more, the better! my favorite is the chair in front of the brick wall. like the bob, perfect for summer...and i think i need that tshirt! have a good day;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its from Printed Palette-- I adore their etsy shop!

      http://www.etsy.com/shop/PrintedPalette

      Delete
  3. So much pretty stuff! I love posts like this, sharing beautiful snippets of peoples days & cities. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed the wander with you, seeing fresh angles of everyday (but not really) views. I love downtowns. Summer will be fun...And I agree your haircut is perfect for summer. A nice in between length. Lynaea @ EveryDayBloom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures, beautiful blog! I love your work! :-) Jodi from The noise of boys! Thanks for joining the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a good eye on the camera. Very beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us @ My Favorite Posts SHOW OFF Weekend Blog Party :)

    Jessica
    The Wondering Brain

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is most appreciated~*