Monday, February 17, 2014

A Winter Ball & More Snow

Before the snowy deluge that was storm Pax arrived, we had a Winter Ball to contend with.  Tucker, who has consented to my using his name here (& there goes the last of the Things here in at the Closet), was the dancer in question-- and as he is perennially short of cash, and as we are trying to teach him something about the value of money, we opted to do an hors d'oeuvres and sweets feast here before the dance, with a diner breakfast and bowling to follow. 







The revelers had a good time, & with the D&D party we had the other weekend and our Christmas Eve dinner a while before that, it is the most entertaining we've done it quite a bit.  I'm a classic introvert-- not in the slightest shy, but in no way a people person.  
Incidentally, I've left off pictures of the party goers to protect their privacy (and reputations really, since being on my blog may not be the surest way into high school society).  Suffice it to say that they all looked dapper and darling.  

And then the snows fell.  And kept falling.






I'm sure you are tired of snow pictures by now.  But wait!  There's more!


We had three surprise snow days last week.  I wish I could say it was tough being cooped up at home, or that we are all worried about how far we are set back for the semester...

But I can't, because we aren't.  It was bliss.  

I also wish I could say that I put the down time to good use & worked on my book & did crafts & sewed goodies. 

But I can't, because I didn't.  That was bliss too, truth be told.  

We baked snicker doodles and played video games.  I did do the laundry, so there is that.  

A few more days of snow predicted, but none on the epic level of Pax, and I doubt there will be anymore snow days in the bunch.  It was fun while it lasted.

Now I'm looking forward to slightly warmer days & a lovely house airing.  Is there anything better than open windows in the early spring?  


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is most appreciated~*