Friday, January 20, 2012

guest room redo

The guest room has been finished for almost a month, but I'm just getting around to posting the pics~* It was Thing 3's room, but when Thing 1 moved in to her own apartment this past fall, the youngest moved in to the larger room-- which left us with an empty room.  It had been storage, mostly, for a few months-- but then the holidays came and we wanted the room.  After a good scrubbing and repainting {Thing 3 had it a lovely hot pink-- and while it fit her personality, it wasn't conducive to a restful guest get-a-way}, we got busy fixing it up, and here is the end result.  It ended up being an homage to Thing 1's childhood-- which was good, since she was our Christmas guest!










Everything in the room, with the exception of the bed and linens {which are Rachel Ashwell's shabby chic line from Target}, was either handmade or hand installed.  I had painted the rabbit door for my eldest daughter's armoire  when she was a toddler {I used the Tenniel pen and ink drawings from Alice in Wonderland as a guide}.  The armoire since fell apart, but I hung on to the door {handily enough}.  The "coffee table" is her toybox repurposed-- it is also painted with Alice in Wonderland scenes {I painted them to match the aforementioned armoire}, and it was built by my father.  My husband, the Europeanist, hung the shelves, which I then covered in shelf paper and trimmed with paper doilies hot glued to the edges.


Over the weekend I will work up some tutorials for the chandelier, paper flowers and the mobile!  If you have questions on any of the other features of the room, just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is most appreciated~*