Sunday, February 5, 2012

Thrifting Date with the Europeanist~*

 Here are some snaps from our adventure on Saturday~*


Now a downtown that sweet practically guarantees good finds.  With the exception of 2 restaurants {read: coffee shops/holes in the wall} a formal dress shop, a hobby store & a barber shop, the entire downtown is thrift stores and treasure shops.
The pic is of a blast from my past...


The only time I remember waking myself up talking in my sleep was during a dream I had in which my younger sister was drawing on my Shaun Cassidy poster...I woke up screaming in horror.  In case you were unaware of the incredible talent that was Shaun Cassidy, here is a youtube clip.  He also played Joe Hardy on the Hardy Boys, which I watched religiously along with reruns of the Monkees...I mean, come on, he was multi-talented and his hair was perfectly feathered...what more could you ask for?


All right, I was only 7 years old so waddaya want.   Anyway, back to thrifting...
I found this owl pendant {hard to tell, but it had pink rhinestone eyes} which may be going on my birthday wish list~*


And then there is this...


It is a black ceramic squirrel planter with gold eyes, ears & tail.   We have seen it before.  My parents have seen it.  It does indeed exist.  If it were not $25, I might have bought it just to keep it from hunting us down while we sleep {keep your friends close, but black ceramic gold accented squirrel planters closer}
Whilst I perused some vanities damaged by a soggy ceiling...


 my hubby got held up at this rack...


Issues of Popular Science from the 1950s...he was in nerd nirvana~*
Then it was off for lunch.  We usually go to this great place in an old timey movie theater, but we thought  we'd try something new.  At first we were going to go to a Korean place, but they had a big sign saying cash or check only, & we never have cash, so that was a no.  Then we saw that The Coffee Company  was open {it has been closed every other time we've been down there}, so we went in!


Delicious sandwiches!  He had a reuben with pasta salad, I had a veggie pannini with german potato salad & we pronounced it yummalicious!  I got a tasty cup of coffee to go & off we went to another shop...


I found these, and a full "atomic" set, also in pink.  So sweet.  So feminine.  So prettied up cabin in Calamity Jane...


Yeah & no.  A little too girly for my nerdy, yet ever so masculine man...
So it was off to another awesome shop...


Where we found & admired some desk accessories that would be awesome in hubby's office {should we ever finish setting it up}.  We did buy a few things here-- two vintage pillowcases {white with lavender & cornflower vines on the edges}, a postcard from Germany in the 1920s {which is the period my hubby focuses his studies on}, a picture of an Irish village from 1913 & a Celtic ring coin for Thing 2, who is an ancient Celtic buff.
And then it was my turn~*


A Banana Republic dress & button down, a J. Crew blouse, a Gap dress, a vintage embroidered peasant sweater & a Weston Wear dress...for $20 bucks and change {look for 'em in upcoming outfit posts}.  Ooooh yeahhhhh~*

Then it was off to Michael's Crafts to pick up some picture frames for our finds, then to Earthfare for dinner supplies...


It was raining...which isn't snow, but was an excuse for a fire anyway...then forts & fighting {Army of Two...I even helped...I had 15 kills to my hubbies 68, but I only died 4 times~*  I swear I'm really good at Warcraft...sigh}...


Today the Things returned & hubby made scrumptious spaghetti with homemade marina sauce & turkey meatballs {Thing 3's favorite...Thing 2 will eat anything & everything...he's a 15 year old boy...sigh}...& now we are cleaning up & prepping for Monday~*  Woot!

Hope you all had a smashing grand weekend {any stories to tell?} & see you on Music Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is most appreciated~*