Friday, June 22, 2012

The Results are In...Kinda~*

Yesterday's Pizza-Off between Thing 2 {my son} & Poppy {my dad} had some amazing results:



Thing 2's offering, on the left, was a 1/2 chicken, 1/2 sausage with Italian cheese blend, fresh basil, garlic & onion {scrumptous}.  Poppy's entry, on the right, was a shrimp cocktail pizza with fresh shrimp, cocktail sauce instead of pizza sauce, strips of pineapple & a bit of mozzarella {sounds odd, but was truly delicious, I highly recommend giving it a shot}.  For crust how-tos, there is this post Thing 2 did earlier.  The winner?  Drumroll please...
It was a tie!  Next week, when the Things return from their jaunt to California, the Pizza-Off Tie Breaker will be held at our place.  Woot!

I have a couple of things up my sleeve for the blog this weekend.  There is the tour of my Mom & Dad's house:


And a how-to for making a birdie tree {which I came up with yesterday afternoon on the fly...no pun intended...explanation to accompany instructions}



This photo is from my instagram @the closetintellectual

And of course there will be photos from today's adventure with my hubby.  And it is that adventure that prevents me from spilling the aforementioned beans right now-- my handsome husband is ready to go & I'm sitting here in my pj's lol.  So I'm off to get ready for some exploration {camera in hand}-- here's wishing you a phenomenal Friday & weekend to follow!