Thursday, July 12, 2012

Air


Our air conditioner has ceased to function as designed.  We've been relying on room fans & open windows since Tuesday night. I am oh so grateful that the temperature decided to dip & its been rainy & overcast.


My planned blog post is gonna go on hold for now.  I have to do some serious cleaning this morning because the air conditioner repairman is coming & I don't want him think we are slobs.  


When I was a kid, my folks contracted a cleaning service to come to the house {once a month, I think...or was it once a week?  It was only for a little while, for reasons that shall become obvious in a tic}.  The day before the cleaning person was to come my Mom would whirl through the house scrubbing it top to bottom.  She didn't want the cleaning service to think we were messy.  
It must have been the greatest gig for the company-- getting paid for cleaning a clean house.  Its not like they charged any less. 

Funny.

Though I know it is ridiculous, I can't avoid feeling that if the house is clean when the repairman arrives somehow it will save us money.  Like he'll say "My, these people are so clean & lovely.  I shall repair the air conditioning for free to reward them for tidiness!"
It could happen.  Right.  Fingers crossed. LOL

The front door just screams "please don't charge us much," right?

Good, cool, air conditioner friendly vibes would be appreciated~*


7 comments:

  1. Oh my, I hope it's a quick fix for your a/c!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have ac, our house is old and we have one window unit but we don't even really use it, so I feel your pain! I think I would probably clean before a cleaning person came too... but it would be worth it just to have someone do the vaccuuming, dusting, windows. I would LOVE it- that stuff hardly ever gets tackled :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I don't know how you do it! It gets pretty hot out here {it was in the high 90's/low 100's last week} & the house is brick, so it really traps the heat in. Totally with you on the cleaning though lol

      Delete
  3. Did the repairman tell you what the problem was with the air conditioner? In any case, tou were pretty lucky that the temperature was not the hot when your AC unit broke down! Imagine what would have happened if it broke down during one of the hottest days of the summer! It would probably be a good idea to could clean the AC too! It wouldn’t just help make your home cleaner, but it would also make your unit more efficient in producing a cool breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How's your AC system? Has it been performing well? I hope you get to enjoy it, especially that summer’s coming. Luckily for those repairmen, they get to come to houses that are well-cleaned! Gotta love that job. Haha.

    Darryl Iorio

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that the repairmen didn’t make your house messy after fixing your AC unit. So, how’s the unit now? More than 6 months have passed since the repair, and I hope you’re still enjoying the cool breeze from the AC. I hope you won’t have a broken AC again because summer is coming. :)

    Launce Newlove

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is most appreciated~*