Friday, July 27, 2012

One of Those Weeks...

Its been one of those weeks...

I've caught a nasty cold.  Thing 3 broke her toe.  The cat got in poison ivy, then got on the hubs & I {we are both itchy, & I'm allergic, so I'm also hive-y...which is lovely}.  We had a massive rainstorm that flooded our basement.  My parents had a pipe burst which damaged their ceiling.  Thing 1 has had a really hard time as of late {but she is strong & will persevere}.  

I'm so ready for the weekend & a fresh start~*

Speaking of fresh starts...


I picked up this sweet little square frame on a thrifting adventure a while back.  I'm not too in to gold, but I do like the look of silver leaf, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.  Leaf itself isn't too expensive, but paint is cheaper & cheap is the whole point in thrifting after all.


Here's a tip: silver paint doesn't look silver, it looks gray.  Metallic pearl white, however, looks silver...go figure.


Just brush on a thin coat of metallic, let dry, then gently rub with fine grit sandpaper.  If you want to get really fancy, you can chip at the paint with a putty knife or distress with steel wool.  Because the frame was so tiny, there wasn't any need to get too elaborate.  Print up a pic to frame, & there you go-- quick & easy, just the way I like 'em~*



The flowers are one of the million reasons I love my husband.  That, and the Advil Cold & Sinus that came with them.

Here's to a rest & recovery weekend for all~*