Thursday, April 10, 2014

Butterfly Mobile Project

These photo mobiles that I picked up years ago have proven themselves useful time and time again.  Right now they are hanging in the bathroom.  The previous owners anchored two big hooks in the ceiling to hold a hideous double pendant chandelier that they had "ingeniously" installed in the wall, then spread out and draped one gigantic glass bulb over each sink.  We put in track lighting, but the hooks remained.  The damage that would caused in removing them wasn't worth the effort.



Over Christmas, I hung the mobiles from the hooks, along with some glass ornaments for a festive change of pace.  I liked the look and movement.  So for spring I updated it with paper butterflies.  I cut three butterflies of various shapes out of decorative cardstock, then sewed them together.  I attached the clips meant for photos to each wing, and there you go!








I'm quite pleased with the effect! 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is most appreciated~*