Sunday, December 23, 2012

Golden Menagerie Part 1~*

Remember my golden menagerie?

I purchased the animals from Amazon, here.  I've seen the painting done on other blogs with spray paint, but I hand painted them to get the brushed effect.  
Now for the first craft with 'em: napkin rings!
I bought some wired velvet ribbon at Michaels and some cloth napkins for our big dinner party tomorrow night.  The rest is pretty obvious:





I alternated between the red & green accent ribbons to make the place settings visually interesting.






The I just attached the animals with hot glue & voila!  Our table only sits 6, so I'm going to make the table up accordingly.  For the remainder of the napkins {we have 15 people coming all together...yeah, lots of floor sitting I'm afraid lol} I used a patterned ribbon & kept it simple to make them easier to hang on to.


I'll post the 2nd golden menagerie craft later!



2 comments:

  1. They are so adorable! What a sweet touch for your holiday table! Enjoy Christmas with your family Tabetha! All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute. My girls love crafts. Going to send them to your blog. I found you through the Aloha Friday Blog Hop. Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is most appreciated~*