Monday, June 25, 2012

To Market, To Market ~*

A little glimpse at our weekly trip to the Saturday Farmer's Market.  I've seen pics of ginormous farmer's markets on other blogs & I know ours is a bit teeny, but we love it madly.  Our markets aren't as impressive as those put out in larger areas, but we know the people, we know the farms & we adore the food~*






This week we came away with onions, shiitake mushrooms, sausage, green & red tomatoes & a few other goodies.  My wonderful hubby has agreed to do a few cooking tutorials-- I'll be posting his take on fried green tomatoes & his homemade marina in the next few days!

Whats your favorite farmer's market find?



10 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog! Amazingly cute dog!

    Sarah x
    www.tellhershesdreaming.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute dogs!!!!
    If you like come to my blog, we can follow each other and exchange some advice! I love to relate with other bloggers! It helps me improve! :) kisses!
    My Daily Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some good stuff! We have a small farmers market too. My favourite part is the fresh kettle corn. We don't get there often though, because we usually have something else we have to do on Saturday mornings. I wish we could take our dog, but she barks like crazy at other dogs. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I love kettle corn! I think this past trip might be Poosh's last to the market-- he barks too & has no idea how small he is-- its sort of amusing to see him challenging dogs 5x his size, but I end up carrying him more than he walks!

      Delete
  4. What a nice place! cute dog by the way!

    http://linastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love out little farmer's market as well, it only takes one good stand to make for a tasty meal. Your dog is so cute and that puppy is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos, as always! We also have a small farmers market, but I still love it. I'm looking forward to the recipes too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had a farmer's market closer to me - and I loooooooooove fried green tomatoes, especially with goat cheese, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh fun,I wish I had a farmer's market close to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious asparagus and fresh peaches are my favorite! :) Love your dog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is most appreciated~*