Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Fall Flavored Five Among Friends!

This week's questions are from  are from Janine from Janine’s Confessions of Mommyaholic {& they have put me in the mood for a pumpkin latte who-ze-whatz-it with all the thinking of autumn I have had to do to answer them!}


1. What is your favorite part of the fall season?

The colors! Everything bursts into a riot of colors-- trees, clothes, food.  I love wearing tights & light sweaters & corduroy & boots.  I love eating fall squash & garden stews & autumn spices.  I love autumn decorations & cozy throws-- it is the best time of year!

All pictures are mine from autumn 2013-- can you believe the first pic is my backyard view??  I love Tennessee!

2. What tv show are you looking forward to watching now that the fall is almost here and the network TV shows are coming back for the season?

I don't watch tv really.  We do watch stuff on Netflix, but it isn't bound by seasons.  I am looking forward to the new season of  Doctor Who, but that won't be for a while yet!




3. What is the favorite part of your day?

Evening.  Day is done, food is eaten, kitchen is cleaned, homework checked, everyone is home & no one has anything particular to do.  Bliss.


4. What is the last book you read and would you recommend it?

Achieving Accountability in Higher Education: Balancing Public, Academic and Market Demands by Joseph C. Burke & Associates.  And yes, I would recommend it if you are into achieving accountability in higher education, which I am at present.




5. What is your go-to recipe when all else fails?

Anything with pasta.  Take whatever bits of veg you have in the fridge, chop, toss in a pan with some garlic & olive oil then throw in some walnuts {because everything is better with walnuts}.  If you are a carnivore, throw in some bacon or ham or some other bit of pig.  Boil up some gluten free pasta, drain, then add in the veg and toss.  Sprinkle a bit of grated asiago or parmesan on top & serve.  Quick, easy & yummilicious!


Be sure to check out the other friends, & let me know if you'd like to join in the fun!







post signature