Tuesday, August 14, 2012

How {is it} Tuesday?

I can't believe it Tuesday already!  Ack!  Work tomorrow! Ack again!

I will continue to post this week, but they aren't going to be up to my usual standard as I'll be adjusting to an 8:30-4:30 schedule for the next week & a half.  More than likely, I'll be posting at odd times & unable to surf your blogs all in one sitting-- but I will visit, no fear!  Once classes start, August 27th, I'll be on my normal semester pattern-- but until then its meeting, meeting, syllabi creation, meeting, registration, meeting...you get the idea.

To that end, instead of posting my own crafts {because I don't have time to organize my photos}, I'm going to link to some other sites that have craft projects I am dying to try out!

First off, this is too clever by half...


Easy with great impact, just the way I like 'em.  And here is the how-to.

I adore these invisible book shelves, but have nowhere to put one-- someone do this, please so that I might live vicariously through you lol~*


I love how clean & straight forward it is-- here is the how-to.

Love the idea of making a rag rug from "found" stuff {"found" meaning what I have laying around as opposed to buying a reed rug to use as a base, which sort of defeats the purpose as they are more expensive than rag rugs!}.

Recycle your old bed sheet into a lovely woven rag rug.

Being able to customize a rug for the room is pretty appealing, don't you think?  Here's the how-to.

I am soooo doing this for our living room wall as soon as I find the time!


Its more substantial looking than a lot of the DIY artwork-- and retro modern is just too cool {plus I can create one to occupy more wall space than what I currently have hanging,& of course I love the idea of doing custom colors}. Here's the how-to & a promise to do another step by step when I get around to making ours!

And lastly, if you aren't feeling all that crafty art-wise, the Feed You Soul free art project is for you {& me too...or more specifically, my office, since that is where I'll be for the next week and  half when not in meetings.  Sigh.}  Here are just a few of the artist's offerings free for the printing...




Fantastic for decorating a nursery or bedroom wall, or a nook or entryway...or that empty corner over there...hmmm...that sheep one is coming to my office & the last one would totally match the kitchen...here is the link.

All right, that is it for me today.  I'm off to do some last minute projects --some frames I brought home from my office need updating, as do the pictures of my kids inside them especially since we got a new Kodak photo printer hee hee-- & generally prepare for work.  Believe it or not, I really am looking forward to getting back {book published, check, classes re vamped, check, large hunks of household to do's done, check-- yeah, I'm ready to get back to work}.  

Please be patient with me as I try to readjust after this extended free-for-all of a summer.  Sigh.

Have a wonderful sort of Tuesday~*