Thing One and Blondie here
and we're high-jacking our favorite closet intellectual’s blog space for a little list of ours to help you college ladies, and for that matter working ladies, looking, feeling and acting your classiest this year! Hopefully they can help you on your way to greatness as a fabulous girl next door.
Without further ado & in no particular order, here is our advice:
- Don’t miss more than the allotted amount of absences. You’re throwing away easy bonus points, and making yourself look like a slacker to both your professor, your boss and the hot guy one row back.
- If you’re late, be late. This goes for classes, small gatherings, parties, and beyond. Everything you do needs to look intentional. Which brings us to our next rule:
- Even lazy clothes, are nice clothes. Always be clean, never wrinkly. They shouldn't be able to tell whether or not you just got out of bed or you just got done leading 40 other girls in a Zumba class.
- Always keep your cup in sight. No, we’re not being cliché, nor are we kidding. This goes for a plain coca-cola or a Friday night SOLO cup, you never know who’s mixing up the mixers.
- If you have your own place, the space and the extra doll-hairs (DOLLARS), find yourself a furry friend! Not only do they keep you company, they also keep you responsible. (& give you an awesome excuse to go home!)
- Mascara is your friend. It might be a pain in the butt, but it will help you to look more alert, as well as draw attention to your beautiful peepers!
- Stay on top of your coloring! And no we don’t mean your drawings. If you color your hair (and now a days who doesn't?) waiting longer than six weeks between root touch-ups can make your hair look dull and sometimes even greasy (not to mention unhealthy). Keeping your hair bright and shiny will definitely keep you looking fresh, even if you've just pulled an all-nighter (with the help of some mascara on the lashes too).
- Caffeine (in moderation) can be your best friend! Just don’t go overboard, and be healthy about it, which means have a black or green tea and avoid sodas and whipped drinks.
- Stay healthy! If your budget allows, make sure to keep lots of fresh fruits and veggies in the fridge to make up for all the other less than savory things college life introduces to your system. Also, fast food doesn't have to mean greasy and fried! Lot’s of quickie-restaurants offer grilled chicken options, and even some delicious salads for the same price as that loaded cheeseburger.
- The most important thing we can recommend is to use your common sense! If you wouldn't want the pictures of it posted on your Mom's Facebook, it may not be a good idea to do it in the first place. Everyone makes mistakes, but do your best to make sure that those mistakes don’t jeopardize your future successes.
|Blondie's puppy Iris & Thing 1's kitty Shakespeare|
College life may seem like a lot to swallow, but if you can keep your wits about you, it’s really not that scary and can be an awesome experience. Its the first big step into the rest of your life; you’re in charge now. Most importantly, be happy! Don’t let the stress or drama get you down; it’s all going to be okay!
Thing One and Blondie