Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday: Blue skies with a side of snow~*

So this was our Saturday...







Just enough snow to justify a fire & cocoa & coziness.  By Sunday, we had residual cold & a little ice, but mostly clear skies & all but the lightest dusting of snow melted away... 
I really love winter. Actually I love all the seasons if you get right down to it.  I spent the first half of my life in northern California, where seasonal changes are subtle.  Out here, in our mountains, each season is dramatically different with its own feel & flavor.  It's awesome.  Well, everything but high summer, where it gets really hot...which sort of sucks...
Anyway.  Back to things worth loving~*




Before I let you get on with your day, here are a few pics from Thing 1's birthday last week, including her present {a kindle fire hd} & her "I'm 20 bee-yatches" boogie~*






Here's wishing you all a smashing grand kick off to a smashing grand week!