Tuesday, April 23, 2013

How To-zday: Spring Doilies & Table Decor~*

Remember a ways back when I posted my spring mantel bunting how to?  Well here's what I did with the left over circles!
As I posted in the bunting how-to, I had used iron-on interfacing to give the fabric a bit more body.  To make the doilies, I hand-sewed on some vintage trims I had been hoarding.  Woot!










Once made, here's what I did with 'em.  
I had some pretty clear bottles I had been hoarding...like the trim...okay, I have a craft hoarding problem.
Anyway.
We picked up some aquarium gravel {very, very cheap, just fyi} & added some to three of the bottles.  Thing 3 & made a funnel out of a piece of printer paper.  Then I put in some artificial flowers I had stashed in the hall closet-- big tall purple pom poms that have a sort of Dr. Seuss vibe~*






Notice the spider-cracking on the glass top to my door table?  Yeah.  I did that over winter break.  I dropped an iron on it.  Sigh.  
Anyway.
The bottles still felt a little blah, so I grabbed my label maker & added some lines from Shakespeare that I remembered from the original 1971 Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory flick.  I adore Johnny Depp, but Gene Wilder will always be my Wonka~*








I love how they echo the bunting on the fireplace & how the flowers give a bit of a sense of separation between our wee dining room and our wee living room~*

Cute eh?

Have a cute & clever Tuesday!


















5 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! You are very clever. :)

    Breaking the table definitely sounds like something I would do. Between me, the dog and the kids, there's not much that isn't broken around here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking really beautiful. These gravels are just lovely!
    I'd like to invite you to join our blog hop Grab A Friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so sweet Tabetha. I love how simple they are...and vintage trim! I'm going to make some...I keep using the same doilies when I'm staging smoothies or desserts. These will be a beautiful change up.

    Lynaea @ EveryDayBloom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are cute! And it was Shakespeare's birthday yesterday, so good timing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is most appreciated~*